You can recycle certain streams of TerraCycle during our Textile Drives!
TerraCycle is a social enterprise Eliminating the Idea of Waste®. In 21 countries, they tackle the issue from many angles. We have found that nearly everything we touch can be recycled and collect typically non-recyclable items through national, first-of-their-kind recycling platforms.
They make it possible to recycle difficult items that are unable to be recycled curbside.
Heres what we are collecting:
– SWIFFERS: save all used, dried Swiffer pads.
– RAZORS: save all brands of reusable and disposable razors, blades, & cartridges, as well as any flexible or rigid plastic packaging they come in.
– ORAL CARE: Toothbrushes, toothpaste tubes, mouthwash bottles, and floss containers. Save all brands, plus toothbrush packaging.
– DEODORANT: All brands of deodorant containers and caps.
– OFFICE SUPPLIES: All brands of empty writing instruments, glue sticks, watercolor dispensers, paint sets, and flexible packaging.
–RUBBERMAID: All brands of well-used food storage containers (glass and plastic).
The City now offers a permanent collection for these items. Please place these items in the proper collection bins located on the first floor of City Hall Annex, 98 Washington St, around the corner from the elevators, and make sure all items are empty (no toothpaste or deodorant residue inside) and dry.