SalemRecycles and The Bridge at 211 partner for our ninth Repair Cafe! The Cafe is a gathering of skilled volunteers who promote re-use by repairing and restoring your broken items, keeping them from the waste stream. Salem residents only please at this free event.
* Event is 9:00-noon; last appointment 11:30
* Walk-ins welcomed on a first come, first serve basis
* Repair one or two items (more if time allows)
* Use small parking lot at 211 Bridge St, or park nearby & walk over
* Enter via door on Bridge St.; we’re in Dickson Room (lower level)
REPAIRS INCLUDE: Sewing by hand or machine — mend, patch, hem, darn, buttons. Sharpen scissors & knives. Tinker with and rewire electronics and lamps; no TVs. Ceramics gluing, basic jewelry repair, and computer diagnostics. Furniture and wood gluing and repair. Just about anything that can be repaired with adhesives or fasteners, such as basic shoe repairs. Check back often as we update this list!
BRING WITH YOU: Replacement items such as new zipper or electric cord/plug. If your electronics requires testing after repair, bring what is needed to do that (light bulb, DVD, VHS tape).
VOLUNTEER WITH US! If you have a tinkering skill, even one we already offer, contact Micaela Guglielmi at firstname.lastname@example.org or (978) 619-5672.